About the Journal
About the Journal
Journal of Linguistic Association of Nigeria (JOLAN) is a bi-annually published double-blind peer reviewed journal that was launched in 1982. It publishes original high quality research and scholarship, exploring, describing and analyzing all areas of core and applied linguistics research and welcomes interdisciplinary approach to language studies. JOLAN also provides a platform to interrogate new hypotheses and engages theoretical developments in contemporary linguistics. The objectives of the journal are to advance linguistic knowledge, promote contemporary debates on the language questions in Nigeria and beyond, and proffer solutions to burning national issues from sociolinguistic and humanistic perspectives. Occasional supplements may be published as the need arises. Some earlier editions are available on-line for free download. JOLAN receives manuscripts all year round from members and non-members of LAN.
Journal of the Linguistic Association of Nigeria (JOLAN) is inviting well-researched articles in all areas of Linguistics, literature and Language, and their connections with other disciplines from interested researchers for possible publication in the next edition of JOLAN. The editorial policy favours papers which demonstrate original, rigorous and high quality research.
Paper Submission: Only original articles, which are not under review elsewhere, are to be submitted. The language of publication is English, French or any Nigerian language. The main text should be preceded by an abstract of not more than 200 words with a maximum of five keywords. Manuscripts should not be more than 6000-8000 words, A4 size, double spaced, Times New Roman font, 12pt. Recommended style for in-text and final references is the latest version of APA.
Areas of research coverage include:
Submission Deadline: There is no deadline for submission. Submit your paper on-line to the General Editor and Assistant Editor below and contact all enquiries about JOLAN.
Abstracting and indexing
General Guidelines for authors
Before submitting your article to JOLAN, please note the following:
- JOLAN publishesonly original empirical, theoretical articles or case studies which are not under review elsewhere.
- The language of publication is English, French, Nigerian Pidgin or Nigerian languages.
- The main text should be preceded by an abstract of not more than 200 words with a maximum of six keywords. Manuscripts should be within the range of 6000-8000 words, on A4 size paper, double spaced on Times New Roman with 12 point font.
- The recommended style for in-text and final references is the latest version of APA seventh edition.
- All articles published in JOLAN must meet the highest quality of academic standard, and address contemporary debates in linguistic theory and applied linguistics.
- There will be occasional call for special issues with guest editor(s) invited to edit topical issues in linguistics.
- There are laid down procedures from manuscript submission to publication, which are strictly adhered to in order to guarantee academic excellence. All articles are first previewed by the editors to ascertain their fit. They are sent to reviewers and upon getting reviewers’ reports, the editor relates the outcome of the reviews to the author(s). The General Editor has the final verdict on the acceptance or rejection of an article.
- Every article is subjected to peer blind review by two or more experts in the area of the research.
- JOLAN follows the Committee of Publications Ethics(COPE) guidelines, and carries out plagiarism check on all accepted manuscript before publication. Any article that fails this test would not be published in JOLAN.
- Changes in the number or order of author are not permitted after a paper has been submitted.
- JOLAN does not charge any article processing fees or publication fees but Editors determine that every contributor/author is a financial member of LAN before their article is published in JOLAN.